Friday, December 23, 2011

In the Cabin



Today we are traveling back to our province to spend the holidays there! Excited though, I am so bored inside this cabin. Good thing I brought my Amy Tan novel book with me! But the waves crashing this ferry felt like the sway of a cradle. I fell asleep effortlessly. So I decided to slid thru my sister's iPod Josh Harris' sermon about seeking God earnestly.  I thought, this is a great opportunity to spend some quiet time listening to God's Word. The text he preached about is Psalm 63.

Psalm of David. When he was in the dessert of Judah. 
You, God, are my God,  earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. 2 I have seen you in the sanctuary    and beheld your power and your glory. 3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. 4 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. 5 I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. 6 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. 8 I cling to you; your right hand upholds me. 9 Those who want to kill me will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth. 10 They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals. 11 But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by God will glory in him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced.
As I listened to this passage, my heart just melted. This is such a sweet declaration from a faithful follower of God! He describes the world like a dessert, nothing can satisfy his thirst but God. For only God can satisfy. I suddenly yearned for this kind of desire for God. I wanted to long for God more than I long for anything else in this world.

I admit I have been sparing my littlest time reading the Bible most often. I am so caught up with the belief that 'I have to finish this and that!' mindset. Building a house on sand, exactly! My poor view of the future blinded me from the light and stole away the peace that completely relying on God brings. This is rather sad and shameful.  How can I grow as a person when I am spiritually stagnant? Why should I strive to excel when my labor is all in vain? Why should I keep on holding unto the things that are fleeting when the hand of the One that never passes away is untiringly reaching out for mine?

My God is the water unendingly flowing like a river in the midst of a dessert. I will never go unprovided. I will never go ungratified. If I would choose to seek Him first, there would be nothing that couldn't be accomplished.

God is telling me, relax. I got your back! Enjoy the blessings I shower in your life. Use them to bless others and to bring Me glory. 


Here is a picture of my most treasured blessings! Mom and sister. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment